As of late, he has plenty of 3T shorts and jeans/pants, in fact, he's can still fit in most of his 2T shorts because he's a skinny bugger. What's he's lacking is long sleeve fall shirts/sweaters and even pajamas.
Enter ThredUp, an online swap exchange for kids clothes, toys and books. How it works is you sign-up and pick a box for $5 (plus $10.95 shipping), then list a box and then when someone picks your box, you send it. It's easy to sign up, especially if you have a Facebook account already.
Plum District, a discount site offer deals for moms. They were offering get two boxes for the price of one and of course I couldn't pass up the deal so I joined ThredUp, browsed and picked two boxes that included mostly long sleeve, fall shirts. Within a week, my boxes arrived! I was so giddy!
Here are some tips on picking out items:
- Boxes come either mostly tops, mostly bottoms or a mix with icon for what season they would be suited best for
- Sometimes it will list if there is a specialty item such as a costume, shoes or holiday outfits
- Read the description very carefully. Good listers will include the brand names, sizes.
- When in doubt, ask questions.
Tips for listing:
- Be descriptive as possible. List the name brands and color schemes.
- When stuffing the box, roll the items neatly in the priority box
- Once you list it on ThredUp, make sure you let your social networks know too
I listed my box but haven't had any bites on it! Happy swapping!