If you don't know how Craiglist works, here are some tips:
- To sell your product, make sure you are very descriptive.
- Use photos. Nothing annoys me more than when someone posts something and doesn't include a photo.
- Research the market price of your item. Hide-a-bed couches were going for anywhere from $75-$200 in our area so we posted it for $100 and we got $100 for it.
- Clean the item. If you can't clean it, then maybe the Goodwill is your option for getting rid of it.
- Post on Saturday or Tuesday. When researching for this post, I discovered you can relist every three days and it seems the general consensus is that people like to browse on Saturday.
- Make sure you're not alone when someone comes to look at an item. Just a general safety rule and I always make sure when I go to look at something, someone is with me as well.
The folks that bought our couch recently relocated to Bend with nothing so it was nice that our couch went to a good home.